Monday, September 24, 2012

Is Deidre Getting an Agent, or what?!


I have to confess, I've been working to edit a manuscript called The Testimony . It's nearly finished and like Saving Mary, I plan on self publishing this one too! In fact, I'm rather fond of self publishing. I'm so fond of it that my editor and I have decided that self publishing is the route we are journeying down for at least four more books. This route may not be the path you choose, you may not have found a wonderful editor who's willing to kick things into high gear, you may not want the added stress of finding your book's readers, or playing the ever-changing Amazon market, or forking out cash for advertising...but I guess I kind of like all that stuff. And so here I go again, plunging myself into the publishing biz.

FYI, I didn't foresee myself heading down this path. I have to admit, I'm such a go-getter that I totally expected to find myself a wonderful agent who would scoop up my books and push them out into the publishing world. In fact, I did send my "testimony" manuscript out to a large handful of agents (last year...with little response), but recently I've been spending my energy on polishing and finalizing the book so that it's ready to upload to Amazon (as opposed to an intermediary agent). The Testimony should be ready for sale by December 25, 2012. I'll let you know if it it gets out at that time. So, is Deidre going to find an agent? Not at this time--she's got an editor, and at this point that's all she needs!


1 comment: