Wednesday, November 9, 2011
Tips From the Agents!
*"Read at least 2 books on how to prepare book proposals before sending material. An extremely well-prepared proposal will make your material stand out."
* "Please do your research so you won't send me books/proposals I specifically excluded."
* "Be professional in your writing."
* "Submit only your best work for consideration."
* "Be complete, forthright and clear in your communications."
* "A writer should only begin to get 'interested in getting an agent' if the work is polished, literate and ready to be presented to a publishing house. Anything less is either asking for a quick rejection or is a thinly disguised plea for creative assistance ..." (see pg 198 for the rest of this helpful tip).
This being said, the word for us author-wanna-bes is PATIENCE.