Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Meet my Friend Joann and her Magical Agent

I'm a client of Chamein Canton's and here's what happened. I was friends with one of her clients who decided to do the first edit of my novel, I Am Wolf because he loved the storyline. I had written a blog about it and posted the first chapter on FB under the notes section. He showed the posts to Chamein who then sent me an email asking if I could have the book finished in 3 months.

I took it serious and wrote morning, noon and night to make the deadline. After she read the first draft, she signed me as a client. Chamein Canton is a small literary agency. She gives personal attention to all her writers and has been a good friend. She has guided me through the maze of the publishing industry and has encouraged me every step of the way.

Would I do it different, not at all. I do know that rejections are hard to deal with, yes I have had them. However, in this case, I would have to say that I was just in the right place at the right time. It is without a doubt the first time anything like that happened to me.

I have had a strange journey in the publishing industry. It has been full of magic and tiny golden tickets to the show.

The best advice I would give to any writer who is searching for an agent is to do the research on each person you are considering working with. Remember that agents and editors are people too and that in the end as long as you have a good polished product and the story is told in the best way you know how, then you can't go wrong. It's the person who is still standing at the end of the day who gets the job in this industry. Just make sure you're standing with something worth while in your hands.

Who is to say what will happen next?

You can find Joanne on Book Blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment